ndiswrapper

Guest critter200

Guest critter200

hello,

I am trying to get my wireless card to work through the control center. However, when I click on "use a windows driver" (the bcmwl5.sys) it says no device supporting the bcmwl5.sys ndiswrapper driver is present! I tried the other drivers too that are listed and they all say the same thing. What can I do? I am a newbie to linux so if there is code involved, could you tell me exactly what I need to do? Thanks!!

First check here:

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawi...x.php/Main_Page

it has all the info you need to sort your card out. You'll need the correct driver for your card, will require using lspci to find out the correct id of the card, to match against the database in ndiswrapper wiki. Chances are, that you don't have the right driver, and this is why it's failing.

Guest cosmicinsane

I believe you're having the exact same problem I had. I got that same error message, and I think we have the same card, since that is the same driver name that I was trying to load. I solved the problem by using a different driver. My card is a Belkin F5D7010, but it's actually recognized by linux as a broadcom, and the driver is also a broadcom. Here is the driver I got to work. I used the file bcmwl5a.inf with ndiswrapper and it worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Cosmicinsane