ATI X700?

hakan.d.

i couldn't understand that..my video card seems like unknown..it says 'null' in hardware details.

i'have download and installed ati driver in root console..and made some aticonfig settings.

when i reboot my system x server is freezed in black screen..

and i'm changed xorg.conf file by myself..i use generic vesa driver..anything else not working..

is there anyone have an x700 card?

and solution too :))

hakan.d.

Which version of Mandriva are you using? If you are using 2006 from a fresh install, please upgrade the Xorg package. I did some research and stumbled upon this guide for your card (translated from german). I hope it helps you.

you must

1. uninstall the fglrx-rpm

2. start the installer with ./ati-driver-installer.***.run (replace *** with your version-number)

3. select in the installer "custom" --> select the correct xorg --> choose correct distribution.

as usual, check the ATI site for additional information on required packages (compilers?)

now you have to tell X which driver you want to use. Thus open the console and log in as root.

Switch to the folder with the driver, e.g. "cd /home/user/ati".

Launch "sh ATIDdriver.run". Replace ATIdriver with the name of your driver-file.

Start the installation.

After the isntallation, launch "aticonfig --initial --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf".

Restart X/the system and your graphics should work now.

No idea. I don't have ATI cards on my computers and only translated what I found (most other topics were about the X700 not running at all under linux). Maybe someone with an ATI-card using Mandriva can help you more than me.

edit: Ah... Ian to the rescue. :D

that's why i love linux or open source...

i don't care all of that problems..

actually i don't like..i like the people who use it.

that's why i'm still trying.

thanx,

No idea. I don't have ATI cards on my computers and only translated what I found (most other topics were about the X700 not running at all under linux). Maybe someone with an ATI-card using Mandriva can help you more than me.

edit: Ah... Ian to the rescue. :D