Upgrading MDK 10.2 [solved]

Trio3b

Have two separate MDK 10.2 PCs that I am unable to update. I have successfully setup main, contrib, plf repositories using easyurpmi but upon trying update thru MCC software manager I receive this error:

Unable to add medium

..retrieve failed curl failed exit w/9 or0 . Cannot retrieve list of new packages from update_source. Either the media is misconfigured or unreacheable.....etc.

I have tried several mirrors. I have tried on both PCs and have tried with wget. Have also tried thru console.

Also tried with removemedia -a to reset. Has Mandrake stopped supporting updates for MDK 10.2, or have they been moved?

Thanks for any help

10.2 updates have been moved to the old tree.

Found two solutions:

1. Mandriva site has not been updated as to NEW location for updates! EasyURPMI webpage has been updated properly.

2. I had found the old 10.2 update tree before retrying Easy URPMI but when trying to add the URL manually in MCC I did not realize that the media_info folder was buried down in there with all the update packages, so when it updated "properly" it appeared the media list was added properly but in fact was not. Here's how I did it in MCC:

open MCC > click "select from where packages ..." > click add custom > click HTTP server radio button >

Name > updates

URL > http://mandrake.mirrors.pair.com/Mandrakel....2/main_updates

tick relative path > media_info hdlist.cz

click OK > DONE!

Hope this helps

Edited by Trio3b