Mandrake Security Advisory: sendmail

aru

MandrakeSoft Security Advisory MDKSA-2003:028 : sendmail

Updated sendmail packages fix remotely exploitable buffer overflow vulnerability

A vulnerability was discovered in sendmail by Mark Dowd of ISS X-Force that involves mail header manipulation that can result in a remote user gaining root access to the system running the vulnerable sendmail.

Patches supplied by the sendmail development team have been applied to correct this issue. MandrakeSoft encourages all users who have chosen to use sendmail (as opposed to the default MTA, postfix) to upgrade to this version of sendmail immediately.

The released versions of Mandrake GNU/Linux affected are:

All the information about this advisory at:

www.mandrakesecure.net/en/advisories/advisory.php?name=MDKSA-2003:028

This stuff was posted automatically by aru

Hi, I've thought that would be a good idea to have the www.mandrakesecure.net advisories posted here automatically for those of us who are too lazy to check them 'in situ' at their own site.

Ive wrote this evening a script (alpha status right now) that checks for changes in www.mandrakesecure.net site, then retrieves the urls of the new advisories; it parses the pages from html to bbcode, and finally the script posts them here w/o any interaction from my part more or less the in way you can see in the above post.

The only problem that I'm having is with the cookies of this site that seems to expire in a uncomfortable short period. Once solved that problem, I'll put the script in my cron and we will have the mandrake secure advisories here at real time (or almost, since I'm not by far 24/7 online)

I really hope that this feature will be useful for all of you.

PS: If you have complaints about my own 'increase my rank' politics I'll be glad to hear all of you :P

Well.. it can be useful if the script works. After all, I think I spend more time in this board than Mandrake's own site anyway. Besides, usually I found out about patches and whatnots from other sites such as linuxtoday or lwn.

Besides, I think most of your posts comes from that reposting the tips and tricks from the old boards. I will not be surprised if those stuffs contains at least 50% of your posts :)