KDE Theme Installation Problems

Lone

Ok, well I thought I would try and get some themes for my KDE so I liked this one :

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?c...mp;tan=46756016

There was lots of different download packages and all the other things I have installed today were .RPM, and the rpm on that page says it is for SUSE but I tried it anyway, it said it installed but I couldnt find it so I decided to get the normal download. When I downloaded it I read the install text file and it gave instructions to compiling. It said to first cd to the directory of the source I downloaded so I did that and it worked, then it said to type ./configure, so I did but then it stopped and said:

configure:2788: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

See `config.log' for more details.

Lol some already know I am linux noob. So does anyone know how to get past this problem?

Ok thanks for the help with that bt moore problems :'(. Today is not my day. Ok so I did su and then typed pass then typed the urpmi gcc and it said this:

[lone@localhost ~]$ su

Password:

[root@localhost lone]# urpmi gcc

no package named gcc

[root@localhost lone]#

It says there isnt a package called gcc :(. Maybe linux just doesnt like me.

I don't know which KDE or OS you are using but under KDE 3.5.3 you can start KDE Control Center and start Theme manager under Look'n Feel. In the upper right corner there's a link "Download new theme" which launches Konqueror with kde-look in it. You can download whatever you want then click on the "Install new theme" button and navigate to your downloaded theme. No need for compiling and rpm packages.

dexter I know but when I downloaded the theme it was in tar.gz format. When I tried to add it in KDE control center it wouldnt work. I looked inside the archive and it has an install readme, so I assumed thats how I gotta install them :(. Like I said I tried the RPM installer for the theme but it said it installed but I couldnt find it :'(.