server [solved]

max lent

If you really want to learn about building a server using Mandriva, participating in this forum is the way to proceed, rather than asking someone to email you, which I doubt that anyone will.

Here's an excellent writeup on how to install and configure Mandriva 2006 as a server:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_mandriva_2006

Also see:

http://www.mandrake.tips.4.free.fr/installmdv2006.html

After reviewing those, ask some specific questions if you need help.

To explore though, you need to know what to achieve! So if you're building, well just a server, then a minimal install is all you need.

Although, this won't do anything for you until you realise what you need next. So, if you want a web server, you need apache. If you want a proxy server, you need squid.

Can't explore unless you know what you're trying to achieve.

To explore though, you need to know what to achieve! So if you're building, well just a server, then a minimal install is all you need.

Although, this won't do anything for you until you realise what you need next. So, if you want a web server, you need apache. If you want a proxy server, you need squid.

Can't explore unless you know what you're trying to achieve.

i`m interested to make a server but i do not realy know what i suppose to do. all i know is playing games and download music and video.what is the 1 step for someone who doesn`t know anything about server.

If all you want to do is play games and download music, then you don't want to be building a server. You want to be building a desktop install.

So I suggest booting your system from your Linux CD, and install with the options you want, like games, like multimedia, etc. And just forget the server stuff unless you really want to do something that has incoming connections, connecting to your machine for a web server, print server, or whatever else.

And if you want to build a server, I think you need to figure out what you want to achieve before asking about building a server and not telling us what you want to do.

i`m interested to make a server but i do not realy know what i suppose to do. all i know is playing games and download music and video.what is the 1 step for someone who doesn`t know anything about server.

hmmn.. maybe you should start building a game server :D