wine 0.9.18 crippled?

After upgrading to that wine version, IE6 is not working anymore.

If fired it brings up a blank IE6 window, while when creating a new wine bottle the installation pops up numerous error messages (either manually, or via winetools). Nevertheless, in the second case the IE6 interface loads up properly, but there's no html rendering engine- when I try to browse to a webpage, I get a notice that the Gecko (!) html rendering engine is needed. But even if I install it via wine, IE6 displays nothing at all.

Using the previous wine version and my winedrive backup everything works just fine.

Anyone else having that problem?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

It works in mine, but then I'm just using the standard wine that comes with Mandriva, and not an upgraded one.

Did you download from source or was it part of the arch repos?

Ah, just found out...

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=469

The internal version does not work for me ATM. I can still use older one, BUT i'll try setting up 0.9.19 with the internal version and report back.

@ the meanwhile, if you want Microsoft's IE6 (or even IE 5.5 and older) under new wine versions, then this new script ( IEs4Linux ) works just fine:

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/news/

The IEs4Linux Sexploiter does not have any integration with the rest of the wine programs, but at least it DOES work- while all subbestions at winehq for making the new wine versions running sexploiter does not work for me ATM- and I have ried quite a bit, believe me...

Edited by scarecrow