TUX magazine picks Mandriva

daniewicz

You can get one free issue by entering your e-mail address at the top and clicking the checkbox beside "I'm not a subscriber but would like to receive a free issue. One free issue per e-mail address"

They have recently moved to a pay-for model, whereby you have to subscribe. As such, we can not allow users to post links to the actual issue or provide information on how to obtain it in any way that is counter to the manners provided by TUX Magazine. I hope you understand :)

You can get one free issue by entering your e-mail address at the top and clicking the checkbox beside "I'm not a subscriber but would like to receive a free issue. One free issue per e-mail address"

They have recently moved to a pay-for model, whereby you have to subscribe. As such, we can not allow users to post links to the actual issue or provide information on how to obtain it in any way that is counter to the manners provided by TUX Magazine. I hope you understand :)

I didnt see that link, I was clicking and clicking and it didnt do anything :blink:

Are you sure about that? I have been receiving Tux Magazine for free since March 2005. That's about the date that I signed up for a free issue and they have been sending me a free issues monthly ever since. I recently received an email from them that I will continue to receive the magazine for free for the next twelve months after which they are going to a for pay model.

Are you sure about that?

Yes, I am. It's a recent change: read here. If you are subscribed to the free circulation you should have received an e-mail earlier this week explaining the change and also informing you that previous free subscribers will continue to get 12 more issues (1 year) free - at the end of which you will have to pay the $9.95 for 12 issues.

Are you sure about that?

Yes, I am. It's a recent change: read here. If you are subscribed to the free circulation you should have received an e-mail earlier this week explaining the change and also informing you that previous free subscribers will continue to get 12 more issues (1 year) free - at the end of which you will have to pay the $9.95 for 12 issues.

I also got notified of this when they emailed me the last issue, although it's not as if the subs are expensive.

To be fair, the "verdict" should be taken with a pinch of salt, given the skewed bias in some areas (Like Mango and her endless GNOME bashing.....I'm sure we discussed this before)