wireless help please

Guest car0

I am a newbie to linux, I know everyone wants to hear that. I have been trying for the last 24 hours to get my wireless networking card to work, I am at my wits end.

I downloaded some info from a site then used the MAKE command then Make install. after all that all my usb devices stopped working.

so I have a freshly installed copy of the current mandrake linux on my machine. I put in one of my wireless cards. and it seemed to recongnize it. It put is on eth1 which I though was odd that it didn't goto eth0.

in KDE I goto configure my computer configure the network device, everything looks ok but it will not connect to my wireless network.

so here is what I need someone to help me do (i know its a lot to ask and I am sorry)

I am going to reinstall mandrake right after I get some sleep. I have two wireless cards one is a D-link air DWL-520 ver.e, the other is a linksys WMP11

could someone walk me through it step by step on how to get one of these up and running in a mandrake machine? Just list the steps for me. But assume I am an idiot and know nothing about linux (becuase I must be)

PLEASE.... I really am begging....