Screen

Lando

You can use System/Configuration/Hardware/KRandRTray which will run a utility by the clock to switch resolutions.

If only one is listed, then you need to go into System/Configuration/Hardware/HardDrake and then select your video card and choose Run Config Tool to reconfigure the screen settings you've chosen.

However, KRandRTray should do the trick for you. Mine lists three resolutions:

1024x768

800x600

640x480

in KRandRTray.

Apropos, sometime I find server for create custom and professionally ModeLine setup? ....Lex

--------------------------------

Ou, I have to place

http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl

.....Lex

Edited by Lexicon

You can use System/Configuration/Hardware/KRandRTray which will run a utility by the clock to switch resolutions.

If only one is listed, then you need to go into System/Configuration/Hardware/HardDrake and then select your video card and choose Run Config Tool to reconfigure the screen settings you've chosen.

However, KRandRTray should do the trick for you. Mine lists three resolutions:

1024x768

800x600

640x480

in KRandRTray.

I have >>>>>

800x600

768x576

640x488

...and the setting is on 800x600 ......it means this is my highest resolution with my monitor,I suppose,isn't it ?

THanks .

It might be that xorg wasn't configured for anything higher than this.

If you're sure your monitor can support it, this is what I suggest doing. Go into System/Configuration/Hardware/HardDrake. Select your video card, then on the right hand side near the bottom is the "Run Config Tool" button.

Then go to the monitor type, and check it, and see if you can choose the option for it that allows 1024x768 resolution. Then once this is done, you can then restart your computer and hopefully get 1024x768 running.

In control center >hardware > screen .......I 've checked 1024x768 and rebooted .

Now I've this resolution but now the images and text characters are more little than before.....

Maybe this setting is for monitors bigger than mine (14 " )...........

Yes, at this resolution you would expect icons and text to be smaller. I use this resolution on a 15" screen and it's perfectly fine. It does take a bit of getting used too. It's either that, or a new screen, or to use 800x600 as you were before.

I also used to use this on a 14" monitor perfectly fine, but it depends what you prefer.