VNC into Windows XP Color settings

Guest minority

Guest minority

I just installed Mandrake on a computer so I could VNC into a windows computer located in our server room and view some monitoring softtware.

The problem I am having with the default program that comes with Mandriva is that it wont let me chnage the color settings and I would really like to have better then 8bit color.

If you could point me to another program or way to increase the color in the ones i am using that would be great thanks.

You must use the -depth switch to alter the color settings. For more info just type

man:vncviewer

on your Konqueror addy bar.

If not familiar with CLI, I suggest using krdc instead (part of the KDE desktop), which can act as a VNC viewer but has some useful presets, or still better if the remote machine is running XP pro, using krdc again to connect to windows terminal server/remote desktop. It's much more responsible and "good looking" than VNC, for the simple reason that the remote desktop doesn't have to be redrawn.

Edited by scarecrow