ksystray

joaopa

Hello,

The icons KMIX ans KRANDRTRAY disappeared of ksystray. I verified in kmxix configuration that all the boxes were checked. So I wonder what happens. Why kmix is not in my systray when launching KDE?

I use kde 3.5.2 from SeerOfSouls site.

Anyone has an idea?

Joaopa

Edited by joaopa

I think if you run kmix, and then log out and back in again, it should appear by default. If not, try going into Session Manager and make sure that "restore previous session" is selected. This will make sure that if kmix is open when you close KDE, to reopen it when it's restarted.

Another alternative is to do:

whereis kmix

and when you know the path, create a symlink in /home/username/.kde/Autostart to point to kmix, that should definitely do it if all the previous steps fail. The symlink could be done like this:

cd /home/username/.kde/Autostart
ln -s /usr/bin/kmix kmix

for example, substitute your username for username, and the path to kmix wherever it exists. However, make sure in session manager you're not restoring a previous session, else you might get kmix loaded twice.

The icons KMIX ans KRANDRTRAY disappeared of ksystray. I verified in kmxix configuration that all the boxes were checked. So I wonder what happens. Why kmix is not in my systray when launching KDE?

I use kde 3.5.2 from SeerOfSouls site.

If you want that kmix and krandtray be auto started each time you login in kde you just need to run them once, run console and type kmix and run it and do the same for krantray and just run them clicking in the correct entry of kmenu.