Firefox [solved]

shimshon

I am running the experimental version of Mandriva so I am not sure if the latest version is in the repositories.

Anyway try: from a console as root (type su) type urpmi firefox

else try:

urpmi.addmedia SoS-2006 http://seerofsouls.com/mandriva/2006/i586/2006/ with synthesis.hdlist.cz

first and then urpmi firefox

Edited by ffi

I simply downloaded the newest version from firefox site and unpacked it (as root) to '/usr/lib/'. That is where all the programs are stored, including mozilla suit and mozilla firefox 1.0.2. Thus i got 2 firefoxes the new one and the old one (but i don't know if what i did was the right way to update :) )

I tried the first option and it didn't work.

how do I extract as a root?

What didn´t work? Did you get any error messages?

Edit: Okay the package is called mozilla-firefox, not firefox, sorry about that my mistake, try urpmi mozilla-firefox

Edited by ffi

Hmmm, I guess you need to set up all your repositories still.

Hold on I will tell you how in a sec.

type each line in a console:

urpmi.removemedia -a
urpmi.addmedia main ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/MandrivaLinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/main with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz 
urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/MandrivaLinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/contrib with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz 
urpmi.addmedia plf-free ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/plf/mandriva/free/2006.0/i586 with synthesis.hdlist.cz 
urpmi.addmedia plf-nonfree ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/plf/mandriva/non-free/2006.0/i586 with synthesis.hdlist.cz 
urpmi.addmedia --update updates ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/linux/MandrivaLinux/official/updates/2006.0/main_updates/ with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz
urpmi.addmedia SoS-2006 http://seerofsouls.com/mandriva/2006/i586/2006/ with synthesis.hdlist.cz

then try urpmi mozilla-firefox

another edit: grrr, the board automatically reformatted those url´s, the new edit should be copy and pastable... if you still cant get those sources copied, look here

Edited by ffi

Hi, here again.

Since I had some problems with Linux I had to reinstall the hole thing.

Now I am trying to update Firefox but what was easy with you explanations before now doesn't work?!

I get the following Messages:

[raphael@bzq-84-108-108-180 ~]$ urpmi.removemedia -a

bash: urpmi.removemedia: command not found

[raphael@bzq-84-108-108-180 ~]$ urpmi.addmedia main ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/...i586/media/main with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz

bash: urpmi.addmedia: command not found

[raphael@bzq-84-108-108-180 ~]$ urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/...6/media/contrib with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz

[raphael@bzq-84-108-108-180 ~]$ urpmi.addmedia plf-free ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/...ree/2006.0/i586 with synthesis.hdlist.cz

[raphael@bzq-84-108-108-180 ~]$ urpmi.addmedia plf-nonfree ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/...ree/2006.0/i586 with synthesis.hdlist.cz

[raphael@bzq-84-108-108-180 ~]$ urpmi.addmedia --update updates ftp://distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr/pub/...0/main_updates/ with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz

[raphael@bzq-84-108-108-180 ~]$ urpmi.addmedia SoS-2006 http://seerofsouls.com/mandriva/2006/i586/2006/ with synthesis.hdlist.cz

Any Help?

Thanks