Mandrake 9.1 labels

Guest Pander

in labels for PAST versions of Mandrake in this same style?

I would think that Dolphin would be a piece of cake to design. I'm not so sure about "Vitamin", though. :D

Seriously, anyone want 9.0 labels?

• 6 months later...

here's my 9.2 label design...

mdk9.2CDlabel.png

Just in case anyone's interested... just GIMPIFY it, and add text under the "disk" line on the left depending on which disk you're printing out.

GBYLBT, PastorEd

One thing I'm looking for is labeling software that will take the TOC of the disk, and write it to a label.

Nero does this in Windoze, and it works great. Especially for Audio CD's as it will put all of the track info you want in the label too (length of run, etc).

cid, you may be interested in this thread - any cd cover designer software for Linux/MDK? :)

cid wrote:

One thing I'm looking for is labeling software that will take the TOC of the disk, and write it to a label.

What I'm looking for is something that will read ID3 tags for music CD's and the like.

For example, the automated capability to do this:

1. Artist A - Song 1 - 3:15

2. Artist A - Song 2 - 3.32

3. Artist B - Song 1 - 4.42

here's a couple of things you could try out........

KCDLabel

that works very well for CD covers,inserts & labels. you can also connect to the CDDB data base with it & it will retrieve artist/cd info automatically. the only minor drawback is, it can be a pain to get the proper alignment for CD sticky labels set up, but it's nothing major. also, even though it is a KDE related add on, it will work in any WM/DE.

here's another thing to check out........

OpenOfficeExtras

go to that website, pick the language of your choice, & browse through the OpenOffice templates. there are several CD cover/insert templates. same for CD labels. the templates are even manufacturer specific so you don't need to screw around with aligment. i use the Memorex CD label template & it comes out perfect every time on my Memorex CD label sheets.

what i do, depending on how much impetus i have at the time, is use KCD label if i don't feel like manually typing in CD entries........use OpenOffice templates if i'm feeling in a more creative mood.

Chris