number 4 computer

hi all,

well i got me one of those wireless usb devices well £12 from ebuyer like you do, and thought ok im gona install you!!

Ohh no yer not!! oh yes i am>>>>.... :wall: ok linux beat me again.. ok i hear you say Bilbo's gona give up this time for sure.

nope i removed my linksys wirless card from computer number 3 and thought uhmm its a card device mabey i can sneek it in without linux seeing :ph34r: . i was right thats for sure ehehe it didnt see it uhmmm ok linux you gona get it big time,, so i clicked around aimlessly in the drivers file and ureaka it installed . well number 4 is now online but im gona try and install the usb device again :wacko: .Ok right can i have some more help please.

i cant use the make command for the tar install so can some one run it past me how i can get to install the tools for this only i think i am having so much trouble because i didnt install them at first install.many thanks bilbo

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

What are the requirements for compiling the program? You can do:

urpmi make

to install make, but if it also requires gcc for compiling, it will need that installing too. Normally though, when typing ./configure it should tell you if something is missing and then you can install accordingly. The README should tell you what else is needed hopefully.