Formatting hdd with DiscDruid in FC4

I want to format the hdd to reinstall my fc4 and change partition sizes.

I want the partition tree to be like this (current layout made in mandriva):

- hdd

-- hdc1 = swap

-- hdc2 = extended

--- hdc3 = /

--- hdc4 = enpty, no mount point!

--- hdc5 = enpty, no mount point!

In fedora the DiscDruid works weirdly, i prefer mandriva's one, but still:

How can i create a 3 partitions that one of them is '/' mouted and other don't have a mount point?

Thanks

P.S. That is urgent, please help as soon as possible!!!

Edited by ilia_kr

I don't know how diskdruid works, but mount points are controlled by /etc/fstab. So regardless of what the Fedora partitioning scheme sets up if there is no line in fstab there is no mount. If it sets up a directory for the mount pt it creates you can remove that directory.

I'd be tempted, at the point where you choose auto/manual partition with disk druid, to press CTRL-ALT-F2 to get the console prompt, and use fdisk /dev/xxx where xxx is hda, hdb, sda, sdb and so on for your hard disk.

You can then create them manually without assigning a mount point, and press CTRL-ALT-F7 to get back to manually configure with disk druid, and then just point "/" to the /dev/hdax of your choice and leave the rest. This is how I normally partition. I don't like the way that disk druid always moves my swap to the end of the disk. I prefer it to be the very first partition, as it's supposed to be faster to access at the beginning of the disk.

I'd be tempted, at the point where you choose auto/manual partition with disk druid, to press CTRL-ALT-F2 to get the console prompt, and use fdisk /dev/xxx where xxx is hda, hdb, sda, sdb and so on for your hard disk.

You can then create them manually without assigning a mount point, and press CTRL-ALT-F7 to get back to manually configure with disk druid, and then just point "/" to the /dev/hdax of your choice and leave the rest. This is how I normally partition. I don't like the way that disk druid always moves my swap to the end of the disk. I prefer it to be the very first partition, as it's supposed to be faster to access at the beginning of the disk.

Thank you, nice trick, i didn't even think about the console (CTRL-ALT-F2) !

The only thing to watch out for is that you'd have to toggle the partition for swap that you created by pressing "T" and then "82". Otherwise, it wouldn't be accessible as swap later on when in disk druid.