Superkaramba not displaying temperature

ianw1974

I'm wanting to use superkaramba, as it looks rather nice, and I wanted to monitor various stuff on my computer. It mostly works fine, except the temperature values aren't shown.

I tried gkrellm, and this shows them perfectly fine, so I know that lm_sensors is configured correctly. However, I can't even choose the "configure" option within superkaramba because it's greyed out. I tried running as root, and it's still greyed out here also. When I double-click the temperature icon, it reports vcore information, so I'm wondering if this is the problem, but I don't know what to change to get it to work.

Is there any particular reason why superkaramba won't do this? Do I have to edit something somewhere? I'm only fussed about it, because the fan broke on the PSU, and I only realised by an electrical smell in the air, and checked the computer to find the PSU was pretty damn hot!!!

I just want to make sure the rest of the system doesn't overheat :P

Not sure what you mean, it's in the default superkaramba installed with:

urpmi superkaramba

I've not downloaded anything additional.

I'll get a screen shot when I'm next on my machine and post it here, so you can see what I got in the list.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this theme before when I used superkaramba in previous Mandrake versions. Not sure why yours seems to be missing this one though. I normally right click and close the widget, then right click the Superkaramba by the clock and restore to get the list of widgets to activate, and it's right down the bottom.

I did get a new psu, I just wanted to monitor in case something stops working in the future. Hence the need to use superkaramba. I prefer this to gkrellm, but it doesn't show the temp values.

I've attached screenshot, so you can see the tmon_liquid in the menu that I have selected, as well as the lack of temp values in superkaramba.

Okay, i needed to click default and I got a whole load of widgets, I also downloaded all superkaramba-themes from urpmi, I don´t get ltmon_liquid, I do however get sys_mon but that doesnt show the temp either (ie it should be there but isn´t).

I guess I have no idea, maybe superkaramba is still a bit buggy...

I did check the theme to make sure the values were what it was supposed to be reading from lm_sensors, and they did match up. So no idea why. Gkrellm does do the trick, but it won't minimise and disappear from the task bar within KDE. Unless I missed the option.

Ah well :P