creating my first web page - just playing...

Guest FenestraeNunquam

<p align="center"><font face="arial, helvetica" size="+2" color="#FF0000"><b><i>Big Bold Red Italicized Text

or even better:

<p style="font-size : 18pt; color : #FF0000; background-color : #FFFFFF; text-align : center; font-family : Tahoma, Arial, "MS Sans Serif", sans-serif; font-weight : bold; text-decoration : italic;">BIG BOLD RED ITALICIZED TEXT</p>

then it would be correct html4.0 or even xhtml1.1 :#:

While I'm waiting to get something uploaded to a web server, I'm playing around with HTML code.  Learning stuff like FONT colors, sizes, etc.

When browsing the web, I select File/Open, then browse to my different html test files to see how they display.  Anyway, everything works ok (fonts & colors) but I can't make any change to font sizes.  It all displays the same size, even if in different colors or font faces.  My book says to use <FONT SIZE=+3> or <FONT SIZE="6"> or whatever.  However, using either of those makes no diff to the size displayed.

This belongs more in programming, but oh well...

see my post above about style tags ...

Mozilla is "Standards compliant" .... which means when it reads a tag like <font> it will quite likely ignore it, because <font> is not a valid tag.

instead do some reading about CSS (cascading style sheets) ... http://www.w3.org is a great source of information.

just take a look at some of the cool things you can do with CSS

http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/demos.html

this has to be the coolest that I've seen (works in mozilla clients only ... Mozilla, Phoenix, galeon, etc etc )

http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/demos/eagle-sun.html

:#:

Guest FenestraeNunquam

thanks, everyone. My web provider got their ftp working again, so I was able to use WS_FTP to throw my "index.html" out to my directory on their server. It worked...(!) That's a big step for me...! Now time to get fancy with fonts & colors & sizes and attributes and stuff...

instead do some reading about CSS (cascading style sheets)

don't want to get too far ahead of my classes - that class is coming up later. Right now I'm in Internet Fun-Dumb-Mentals - pretty basic stuff - email, basic html, security, blah blah.

Next class will be VB