Software/smart/KDE 3.5.2/repo's and mirrors

bigjohn

Well this upgrade (from cooker 3.5.1 -> .2) didn´t go very smoothly either, argh!! KDM seems to kill all keyboard input (not mouse). I have to restart X and then press ctrl alt f1 during the start up give me a brief time of keyboard input :huh:

Well, just for info, I didn't actually "upgrade". I configured my mirrors/repositories, then booted into gnome, then fired up the software manager, uninstalled KDE 3.4.2 and then installed the 3.5.2 - Because of the snags I highlighted in this thread, the only thing I haven't upgraded is the nvidia driver - 7676 seems to work fine, but theres something either wrong with the 8756 package or theres something that I'm not doing/have done first (yes I do have the kernel and kernel sources), because it caused my X server problems from both the mde mirror and a PLF mirror.

so I'll have to read up on it before I upgrade that.

regards

John

Wow! That one definitely sounds like a complete bugger! I reckon I would have re-installed the OS at least 3 times by now :lol2:

Either that, or launced the mandriva disc across the room and be battling with the Gentoo 2006 that came on the front of last months LinuxFormat (apparently it now got a graphical installer :o ).

Unfortunately, problems like the one it the thread you linked are so far over my head, as to be unimaginable.

Good luck and much success.

regards

John