can't connect to some sites

tr3s

hi!

i changed my internet provider so the network settings also changed (IP config). aside from that no other settings are changed. the problem is i can no longer connect to some sites and urpmi can't connect also. what could be the problem?

btw, im using MLE2005. when i boot to winxp, there is no problem in accessing all the sites..

tnx

Edited by tr3s

Check what DNS servers your using. Have you changed them to the ones your new ISP provides? Try listing alternative DNS servers in here instead as well, and see if they work. If they do, then there is something wrong with your new ISP's DNS servers missing some entries or something. Although that shouldn't be the case!

Could be yes, normally DNS is in the /etc/resolv.conf and there could be some entries here causing the problems.

Maybe also post /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 or whatever your ethernet device is, eth1, etc, etc.

Another thing could be ipv6 related, so you can disable by adding:

alias net-pf-10 off

to /etc/modprobe.conf. Post back once you're in there, and we can see what we can do.

Reinstalling is always a last measure, and in the Linux world, very rarely required. Reinstall is a Windows mentality, that unfortunately, people get stuck with, and probably the ISP support, are Windows mentality :P