TV Card

FX

Ok the reason I'm posting this here is because I was trying to get my tv card working on the linux side. Well since I installed the ivtv drivers I've been having some problems on the XP side. My card will not be reconized and I have to do a system restore to get it to work.

Just wondering if my doing anything on the linux side would affect the xp side. Also I'm not really sure how to remove or uninstall the ivtv driver. Done some googling but had no luck.

Not quite the same, but hardware related. I had my home machine with XP working, and then all of a sudden the sound stopped. I thought something had gone wrong, tried removing and reinstalling the drivers. Wouldn't work. I then removed and reinstalled XP and the sound still wasn't working.

I figured my soundcard was borked, so I thought I would test to make sure with a Linux LiveCD, and my soundcard was working perfectly fine without problems.

Buggy Windows /methinks :P

Don't use Windows on that machine anymore :D

I can only think the problem you're experiencing is because of some Windows inadequacy like I found with my soundcard. Luckily though yours seems to work intermittently. My sound card was the same at one point, and then a reboot would sort it, but then it completely stopped altogether. Hope this doesn't happen in Windows for you too!