Locked task [solved]

Lando

Guest Alloh

Many ways:

1) Open any console and type "ps ax"

2) On console, type "top"

3) Use [Ctrl][Esc] on KDE (Process Table, take long to start!!!)

And to kill:

1) On console, use "kill -9 PIDnumber" or "killall -9 APPname"

-=> replace PID with PID number and APPname with application name, from "ps"

2) using "top", type "k" and it asks the PID to kill

3) on Process Table, select process and click on "kill"

And an alternate, fast way:

-Type [Alt][Ctrl][Esc] on KDE, cursor becomes "Skull'n'Bones". Then click on dead window!

And an alternate, fast way:

-Type [Alt][Ctrl][Esc] on KDE, cursor becomes "Skull'n'Bones". Then click on dead window!

If you change your mind about killing something, press those button combinations again. Otherwise, whatever you click, it will be destroyed! :D

BTW, I had an impression, that this scull-n-bones method is not "clean". It looks like it only kills the actual widget, and, accidentally, the process associated with it. You would normally want to take all subprocesses as well; I guess, kill does that.

There are other signals apart from -9, just read manpages for kill, invoked by the command "man kill"

In kde you can also hit Ctrl-Esc to bring up the process table which lists all running processes. From there you can select and kill whatever process you want. It's similar to Ctrl-Alt-Del in windows but the process table window has a lot more options and displays a lot more info. I find it more convenient than running the console commands as the info is consolidated in a nice window display.

In kde you can also hit Ctrl-Esc to bring up the process table which lists all running processes. From there you can select and kill whatever process you want. It's similar to Ctrl-Alt-Del in windows but the process table window has a lot more options and displays a lot more info. I find it more convenient than running the console commands as the info is consolidated in a nice window display.

I must RTFM once in a while... nice tip

THANKS alot !