Keyboard [solved]

Guest jpearson

Guest jpearson

Hello, I have Mandriva Linux 2006 32bit version installed and everything works fine but the keyboard is too sensitive. It seems to repeat when I press a key and all I do is press a key normally. My keybard works fine in Windows XP so I am sure it is not the keyboard. It is a MicroInovations multimedia keyboard.

Thank you

John

Try this. Open a console and type this command:

xset r rate 500 35

(that's what my repeat rate is set to and seems to work fine)

The first number is the delay and the second number is the repeat rate. The delay is the number of milliseconds before autorepeat starts, and the rate is the number of repeats per second.

If this works, you will have to put that command in a script somewhere to be run after X is started. If you tell me what desktop environment you are using, I can tell you how to initiate a script for the command, if this works.

... you can also do it with you mouse, if you prefer.

In KDE you can change keyboard repeat rate and delay-before-repeat by going to <menu>-System-Configuration-Configure your desktop. Then go to "Peripherials", choose keyboard there, and make some tests what setting you find comfortable. In Gnome you go to Gnome Control Centre (also under system- configuration menu). Choose "keyboard" there and, again, setup the repeat rate and delay before repeat.

You can also use command line to start the config. applications, type in terminal

kcontrol
OR 
gnome-control-center

for setup screen in KDE or GNOME, respectively.