virtualization uses

jeffporter

We currently have VMware 4.x for Windows, but I tend to run under Linux. First I create the machine under Windows. Then I copy it into Linux, and use VMware Player and then install the OS into the virtual machine. Reason is vmware runs faster for me under Linux than in Windows.

I'm trying to get upgraded to a Linux version, that way I don't have to boot into Windows to create the virtual machine.

I currently use for testing various Linux distributions and/or solutions for clients when I have to build a server for a specific purpose. They can also be Windows based solutions as well as Linux based.

I used to subscribe to Cedega for gaming. Played Half Life 2 and World of Warcraft with it most recently. But I unsubscribed a couple of months ago.

I used to use WINE to run Cooledit Pro (now known as Adobe Audition) but gave up as it never ran quite right.

And that's about it, barring the odd GA or NES game - but that's emulation, not virtualisation...