Disk / IDE driver...

jethro

Yes I meant "uname -a", this is what I get:

Linux dhcppc2 2.6.12-17mdk-i586-up-1GB #1 Mon Feb 13 12:49:13 MST 2006 i686 Intel® Celeron® M processor 1.40GHz unknown GNU/Linux

I don't know why the "-up-!GB" kernel is there, previously I just had 2.6.12-16 or something, but no "-up-1GB". What is the difference?

Thank you for you help, I know finally have Mandriva 2006 running. It's installed from the Mandriva One Live Beta CD. I understand it's based on a beta, so it is a buggy cooker version? Is it correct that each time I install new updates the bugs should become smaller?

I cannot know why .16 does not work, while .17 works, but since it does then... heck!

"4GB" kernels are configured for big RAM configurations, but they should work on systems with less than one gig of RAM, with some impact on performance (nothing too scary, for granted...).

And yes, you have Cooker right now. If it just works, then avoid system upgrading, until a "stable Cooker snapshot is announced. Else, you risk braking some things.

Needless to say, your URPMI repos should be tuned to Cooker, and not 2006.0 stable.

Mandriva One is the community version, not cooker. It is a beta only because it is a live cd. Repeat, it is not cooker. Whoever said it was cooker was simply mistaken. There is no confusion about it at all.