Intel 845 Card

Riddler

I am also having Intel Video Card issues. Has anyone gotten this resolved? The card is and Intel 845. Any ideas.

The problems occur when I tell it to user the Intel 845 graphic card and make it test in the install. the error states

An error occurred:

(EE) Failed to load the module "glx" (once-only module, 136033795)

(EE) I810(0): No Video BIOS modes for chosen depth

Try to change some parameters.

I can complete the install but X doesn't load I just get the prompt. Yall got any ideas? :wall:

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman]

please post your xorg.conf (found in /etc/X11)

also, you may be able to get it working by running XFdrake after logging in as root at the prompt. It's possible there was just an error during the install that caused it to flake out.

another possible thing is to do updates. you can use the easy-urpmi link at the top of the page to get the command for adding an updates source, and then run:

urpmi --auto-select

there was some problems with the original xorg, and updating it may fix your issue.

First, download an install the drivers from Intel's website. It will require that you have the kernel-source installed for your current running kernel.

urpmi kernel-source
urpmi Mesa

Mesa is required for the opengl side of things. Before you install the Intel drivers, try this first:

vi /etc/X11/xorg.conf

make sure you have the following information in this file

under section modules:

load dri

and now look for a section that matches this, if you don't have it add it:

Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSection

reboot, and then see if your machine is running any better. Try:

glxinfo | grep direct

and see if it reports "yes". You need to have this for opengl support, and make sure Mesa is installed as I typed above. It's case sensitive, so has to be "Mesa" and not "mesa".

OK, i've reinstalled and the video comes up at the login. Unfortunately when KDE loads and I move the mouse the screen FREAKS out. the resolution is to low for the screen so when I move the mouse it moves the desktop. I've done the editions that ian suggested and it's still freaking out. Anybody got any ideas? If you still would like to see my xorg.conf I can post it in a separate reply.

Sounds like you need to download and install the driver from Intel. Here is a link to installing the intel drivers on my website:

http://www.buziaks.com/ian/mdk10xinteldrivers.htm

it will still be relevant no matter what your card is.

Well I got it to work with the Intel drivers, only thing is...is that I can't change the resolution any higher that 800x600 and when I set it to that, it moves the screen instead of shrinking the view to fit the monitor

Cancel that, just after I posted this the same thing began to happen.

Edited by Riddler