satelliteuser083

When I (try to) install skype into my LE2005 setup, from the source-directory as root, using:

rpm -U skype-1.3.0.53-1mdk.i586.rpm

I'm given the message:

warning: skype-1.3.0.53-1mdk.i586.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID d66b746e

Can anyone say if this significant, or can I just ignore it? :unsure: Thanks.

Have just installed Skype (thanks, isadora and emmanuel_uk :thumbs: ) and am having problems getting my sound-system to work adequately with it. To start with, I attempted to follow wilcal's advice (post #3 above) but can't find any way of recording with a mic. (Sound Recorder crashes at start with the message:

The Application "gnome-sound-recorder" has quit unexpectedly)

I then tried to troubleshoot the sound-system using 'Skype Sound and Audio Set-Up', where it says that "in using the OSS I have to enable microphone input in the audio mixer setting": I used kmix for this and noticed that there is no 'Current mixer' line in my kmix. Am I correct in assuming that there's a problem here? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction in trying to solve it? BTW, I haven't been able to find a reference to OSS in any menu.

My LE2005 setup runs on a Tosh Satellite Pro 4600, which uses an Intel ICH2 810 Chipset AC'97 Audio Controller Sound-system.

Many thanks.

Edited by satelliteuser083

• 1 month later...