Need help troubleshooting my PCMCIA card

Jza

I thought about putting the post on Networking but this is really a system issue. I dl Mandriva ONE and try it out, the CD version work ok, but my pcmcia (D-Link CardBus) was not recognized by the system. I put a cardmgr command and it went fine.

When I install the system on my laptop I experience the same issue but the card wouldn't run even after cardmgr. I tried to do several things, the card uses the pcnet_cs driver, and I tried to restart the system:

$ service pcmcia start

$ yenta_socket

$ cardmgr

$ ifup eth0

None of this commands will revifve the PCMCIA, it does light up but it just can't start the eth0 interface for some strange reason.

After putting the ifup eth0 I did got an error saying that it couldnt run the ifup script because it lacks the zcip utility, later I found out this was the Zeroconf option which I guess wasn't included on the CD.

My question is where can I rewrite the Zeroconf configuration files. I've tried doing it from drakconnect but didnt work.