Anybody used a Panasonic FZ5 camera?

neddie

Hi all,

Just got myself a new camera, a Panasonic FZ5, but it won't play with Digikam. With my old camera (an Ixus), everything got recognised immediately, digikam fires up, shows me all the pics on the camera, highlights the new ones with stars, and lets me select and download all the pics easily. With the new camera, digikam doesn't recognise it at all, won't autodetect and won't manually connect either - instead I get an icon on the desktop (Matsushita something) and Konqueror sees it as a file system on /mnt/removable.

I noticed that the FZ5 was added recently to libgphoto2 so I got that and compiled it, which let me manually add it as a new camera to digikam - but even then it says it's not connected and I should make sure it's switched on - which it surely is because I can copy and paste files from Konqueror. It's just a bit of a pain with the subdirectories that the camera puts the pics in :( I'm not sure if my compiling / installing was totally successful though because I couldn't uninstall my libgphoto2 rpm without uninstalling a boatload of other stuff so I left it there. The FZ5 option appeared in digikam though.

Has anybody else got this camera, or a similar effect with another? Is the automounting stopping digikam from accessing it? Is there a camera setting maybe (I could only find the option between PC and PictBridge so I left it on PC)?

Thanks!

Edited by neddie