Minor graphical issue with MCC [solved]

ffi

I have a minor graphical issue, not even big enough to be called a problem, with the MCC but I´d still like to have it solved.

Yesterday I wanted to make some space and tried to uninstall GNOME, which apperently also installed the MCC :o . Anyway I reinstalled the MCC, but there´s just one tiny thing left: Before the progress bar looked nice and bold with fading gray and blue, now it´s only gray. How do I make it look like before again?

I´m guessing I need some lib somewhere?

When you uninstalled Gnome, you probably also uninstalled all your themes. Try reinstalling gnome-themes, gtk-themes, and gtk-theme-switch and then you will have to change your gtk theme again by running the command 'switch' (without the quotes). Reinstalling gnome-themes will probably reinstall a bunch of gnome-libs, but not the complete Gnome.

It could be a KDE setting.

Go into System/Configuration/Configure Your Desktop

Then go into Look and Feel/Style

Set widget style to Mandriva. Do you get the blue fading bar back now?

If not, it could be because of gtk settings. So, in this case what you'll need to do is this:

urpmi gnome-control-center

then once it's installed, run this by choosing run command and typing "gnome-control-center" without the quotes. Then choose the Theme option, and choose a theme from in here. Hope that helps.

I want to clarify something in my own mind:

Had you followed these instructions of mine also? I need to know if it was not enough:

then you will have to change your gtk theme again by running the command 'switch' (without the quotes)

Because this should've done exactly what ian suggested.

I want to clarify something in my own mind:

Had you followed these instructions of mine also? I need to know if it was not enough:

then you will have to change your gtk theme again by running the command 'switch' (without the quotes)

Because this should've done exactly what ian suggested.

Yeah but this didn´t change the mcc, the strage thing is theme changer gave dozens of themes whereas from the gnome control center I could only change from about 10.