Problem Launching RealPlayer~ [solved]

Guest extremeJ

Guest extremeJ

Hi guys. Need some help on my realplayer 10 here. I installed the realplayer without any problem. But when i try to run it by typing "realplay" in the console, the following message come up:

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x0828e830 ***

/usr/bin/realplay: line 75: 5669 Aborted $REALPLAYBIN "$@"

what should I do? I am using Mandriva 2006.

Edited by extremeJ

Guest extremeJ

OH yes i am able to start now. But every time I start up real player I need to use the command you gave me, otherwise when i key in realplay the same error message will still occur. Is there any ways that allow me to start realplayer with the command realplay in the future?

Guest extremeJ

Since I had installed the real player, can I re-use the installed codec? or I need to download the codec separately? Can mplayer use the real-codec-1.2-3plf.rpm as its codec which I found in the PLF repository?

OH yes i am able to start now. But every time I start up real player I need to use the command you gave me, otherwise when i key in realplay the same error message will still occur. Is there any ways that allow me to start realplayer with the command realplay in the future?

Well you can do: "export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim" in the root shell and you won't have any problem after that.