aOpen DVD burner & k3b

null

I formerly had a Sony DVD burner in my linux box, and k3b would burn CDs at 4x, 8x or higher no problem. I pulled out the sony and replaced it with a much newer aOpen DVD burner.

The aOpen works fine, and I've burned many CDs with it. I was wondering why k3b always tells me "burner does not support 4x, changing speed to 24x". It says the same thing when I try to use 8x to burn a CD..."burner does not support 8x...". It pretty much burns every CD at an average of 10x, no matter what speed I select. I don't mind, at least for burning audio CDs or data CDs, but I generally like to burn ISOs at 4x...

I can't believe a modern DVD burner doesn't support 4x or 8x... or is there something I can do in k3b ?

Like I said, not really a problem, just wondering though..

thanks, I didn't know that. I just thought that 4x & 8x were "normal" burning speeds that every burner supports. Even though faster burners have been out for a while now, I have always selected 4x or 8x to burn pretty much everything.

I haven't noticed any problems with k3b & my aOpen burner making discs at 10x, so I guess I can't complain. I was just wondering.

thanks again

Why install nerolinux ???.

It cannot do anything that k3b cannot already do and even better.

Secondly it has to be bought if you haven't already bought nero.

K3b is updated constantly instead of periodically. Nero has never contributed a single thing to the Linux world......it is only trying to cash in on it.

K3B is of the Linux world, by the Linux world, for the Linux world.

No. I cannot see any justifiable reason to install nerolinux.

Those who say that nero is supporting linux by porting to it have a great imagination. It is a bit like suggesting that if Microsoft produced a Linux ported version of Office that it was supporting Linux. You would be laughed into the ground.

Cheers. John.