what modules are loaded?

daniewicz

I have been tinkering with my 2005LE installation.

In MCC

Hardware

Look at and configure the hardware

I see hardware items listed and their corresponding modules.

Using lsmod, some of the modules listed with MCC are not listed in the console. Am I missing something?

Generally the gui's are front ends for commandline programs. If there is a variance, I would expect the commandline to contain more information rather than less. Mandrkae COntrol Center is a program written by Mandrake. Have you updated the "drake" tools for your release?

In this case, I do not know why there would be a difference. Granted, the gui moght still be using other programs to generate the info. But then the info should be the same. lsmod must not be a part of the MCC gathering apparatus.

One possible explanation for the variance is that lsmod only lists modules that are loaded but mcc might also list driver modules that are compiled into the kernel and not loaded as modules. For example, my keyboard and ide/ata controller modules are listed in mcc but not lsmod and both those are compiled into the kernel and not loaded as modules.