Install MDV Options

lawsonrc

I want to install MDV2006 on my computer. One harddrive 60Gig with WinXPHome. If I choose "Use the free space on the Windows partition, will it let me resize the NTFS so I can choose how to size WinXP and how to decide the size for MDV2006?

Thanks,

Richard

Edited by lawsonrc

Resize the partition from within windows before proceeding. Make two partitions and then use the second partition for linux. If you do it from within windows first, then windows will comtinue to function withut a hassle. If you do it from linux, you might lose windows.

To clarify, what you do with the second partition and dividing up further is fine. I never said to have one partition for linux. What I am saying is to create the space ahead of time. If you want windows to work without an issue, divide the space first. Resizing a windows partition outside of windows is an invitation for the windows monster to rear its ugly head.

Thank you both for your suggestions. :thanks: I used Acronis Partition Expert 2003 to set up my partitions before installing.

The installation went smoothly for the most part. (It crashed a couple of times when trying to configure my wireless card, which I'll post in the laptop section).

I'm really excited to have MDV06 on this laptop! :headbang::banana: :P :beer:

Richard Lawson

Edited by lawsonrc