cannot reinstall OO or Kghostview

Trio3b

Had MDK10.2 working fine until problem with PDF files. Uninstalled ghostscript after trying lots of other stuff (upgrading, reinstall CUPS, printer, etc.). I was able to reinstall gs but I think it removed some OO dependencies.

Now OO writer and Kghostview do not work and MCC search software mgr. gives error message "sorry, can't select OpenOffice". How can I reinstall OO and Kghostview.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

How about trying to uninstall OO and Kghostview? Then reinstall.

That would make sense except OO and Kghostview are not listed as installed apps. Only listed as Installable, but when I try I get the error. I think urpmi expects certain deps to EITHER be there or NOT be there and if my removal of gs only partially removed OO, the installer is freaking out when it sees a dep there that's NOT supposed to be.

What do you think?

When it says that it normally gives you a reason ..

Eg: OO-Progs not installed..

If you then click on the OO-progs to install it, it may say cannot due to wordnet not installed..

Work your way down one of the items will have a conflict which makes it unable to be installed from experience..

Then you can make an informed decision what to uninstall to allow for the installation of OO again..

Only message in MCC software manager as mentioned above is :

Sorry, following package can't be selected: OpenOffice-1.1.4-7mdk

Will try an install from console and check any errors.

Was able to reinstall OO by luck. Removed an kdeOO lib package, then was able to proceed with OO install.

Error message for urpmi kde-kghostview in console is "cannot install because they depend on packages older than the ones installed" (probably due to updating).

Thanks

Edited by Trio3b