PDF file printing

Trio3b

Hmmm....

Must be missing something simple. MDK 10.2 printing to a laser printer using CUPS. Print test sheet - OK. Print OOwriter doc -OK.

Print from pdf file - blank page w/error notice " session timed out"

Never printed from pdf file before - do I need to select different drivers?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

What application are you trying to print from?  Acroread?  Kghostview?

PC1 (MDK 10.2 official installed from same disc set as PC2) -> Canon BJ100 prints all pdf files fine. When opening pdf file, association is already set use Kghostview

PC2 (Wxp + MDK 10.2 official dual boot) -> Samsung laser. PDF files print fine on Wxp. All other formats but PDF print fine under MDK 10.2. I have done updates to ghostscript and CUPS thru both Mandrake AND easyurpmi. Opening pdf file starts Konqueror. If I want Kghostview or xpdf, I have to specifically select it. Have tried to set file association by default to Kghostview but no dice. I have a file that was created in Open Office writer and saved as PDF. IT prints fine on PC2 !!, but none of the other pdf files I have print properly. Also, the pdf files take a long time to open or, show up in the thumbnails but only flash once in the main viewscreen, then disappear.

None of the three apps (Konq, Kghostview,xpdf) print PDF files or if they do, large font sizes are OK, smaller fonts appear as though printer has dirty head. (incomplete characters). Have reinstalled CUPS and printer twice. Almost positive this PC was printing pdf when first setup about 2 months ago. I know it's not the printer, cause Wxp pdf is fine and don't think it's MDK 10.2 cause PC1 is OK.

Any ideas appreciated.

Officially confused :wall:

Thanks

Have you tried to install acrobat reader for linux and using it? You say the files print fine under wxp, and acroread is likey what you are using there. I have it set here to open pdf files with acroread, and regardless of where the file is, that's what opens it (except off the web in Firefox, but that is another problem)