Net connection problem in MDK 10.1 Official

Joni

I have MDK 10.1 Official, Realtek RTL8139/810X network-card and ADSL-connection.

My problem is that I have to set up my network every time when i boot or restart my computer. Once I define my connection in the Mandrake Control Center, Internet works fine, but when I boot, there's "No Connection" in the bottom bar and I cant go to net. But when I set up my network again, It works again.

I here solution for this? I have tried to set up my connection as LAN and ADSL, but still the same problem.

Re-installing the Mandrake doesn't help.

Network works fine under Windows :(

Please, help me. Dont wanna surf with Win :-(

Edit: Typo :cry:

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

I've had problems with Realtek 8139 cards, and there are a couple of things that affect them.

First, go into System/Configuration/Hardware/HardDrake. Select your network card, and click Run Config Tool. Check the options, there is one called enable at bootup. Make sure this is selected so it will start at boot, just in case it's not selected already.

If that doesn't do it, then go to System/Configuration/Configure Your Computer. Go to the Boot section, and Boot Loader. Make sure the No APIC option is selected. If it still doesn't work after this, then enable the No Local APIC option.

If that still doesn't work, then add the following line to /etc/modprobe.conf:

alias net-pf-10 off

after that you should be OK.

The above is good advice. I would just add that the APIC stuff is the most likely culprit so I would do that first. Also, those graphical tools you are using generally edit two files, /etc/modprobe.conf(to load the driver for your nic on boot) and /etc/sysconfig/netwoork-scripts/ifcfg-eth0(set up network parameters such as dhcp, load on boot, etc etc). If the APIC stuff doesn't help, post those two files and we can take it from there.

If that still doesn't work, then add the following line to /etc/modprobe.conf:

alias net-pf-10 off

after that you should be OK.

I'm not a guru, but I added that line, and now it's up on every boot. In the wizard I had the load at boot option already enabled and no acpi too.

Thanx again, guys!

:cheesy: