Urpmi not working

eroica

hello,

well i really screwed up my computer trying to upgrade to mdv '06 from 9.1. After repartioning during install i realized my hard drive would not fit new mandriva. luckily i had backed up partition info and using Move i was able to restore partions(I share it w/aWindows install). Now when i rebooted i went thru all sorts of troubles fixing inodes but system now boots w/no error messages. I have stuff in my lost & found folder but all hardware is working and i have kde desktop ok. My problem is twofold. First when I tried to start firefox i get "firefox-bin:1888): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "galaxy". I looked in MCC to see if i could reinstall GTK but now I get no listings for any software either to add or what is existing. I tried urpmi.removemedia -a and redownload sources but no good. also tried reinstall from discs and no good. I really dont want to do a reinstall if possible. Any and all help on getting urpmi working & also FF most appreciated....

alan

Sorry, but as far as I know an update from versions prior to 10.0 was not recommended, since to many things have changed, so I would really recommend a fresh install

I agree. Do a clean install. You can try to get everything up and working again (I bet there are more things borked under the hood than is visible now), but it will probably be more time consuingg than a fresh install which needs only some five to 20 minutes (depending on hardware and package selection)