Cannot connect to internet [solved]

michaelz92

in mandriva control center under hardware : then under ethernetcards...it has 2 cards. The top one is the one i want to use, but icannot find the driver for it. it is the:

BCM94306 802.11 g NIC

im pretty sure it was something along the lines of a linksys speed booster. But i am not sure. any help is appreciated.

I've checked for compatibility and your card is listed here:

http://wwwnew.mandriva.com/hardware/tests?id=976452

It should be just a case of going into HardDrake selecting the card and then the Run Config option and following the screens through.

i understand its compatible, but i simply cannot find the driver for it on the list. I can't get into my windows partition through linux so i cannot find it using <the program that does that-forgot the name>....When i find a driver that is atleast compatible w/ the brand(broadcom), i highlight it and click next and then it brings me to the exact same screen i had <where it asked to choose from a list or get one from windows>....im not exactly sure of the problem. any help is appreciated