Mandriva 2006 and RPMdrake

spnoe

Has anyone come across this problem. I have just installed the new Mandriva 2006 and wanted to install some new programmes using RPMdrake but I get this message. "Insert medium "The ultimate Linux DVD" on device /dev/hdc.

The hdc is my CD rom but when I load the disk RPMdrake says it can not find the medium.

I have used a rewritable DVD to download to from the torrent. Is it possible that the CD rom is not recognising the DVD format? I have tried using my DVD Rom but it keeps looking for hdc.

Is it possible to tell RPMdrake to look in hdd instead, that if that is the problem?

As usual all help and advice most gratefully received.

Steve

Edited by spnoe

You can change the location from hdc to hdd using the MCC. Got to the section that handles teh software repositories and alter the entry for your DVD. It 'could' be that rpmdrake will have probs with rewritable dvds. But you can add software mirrors using easyurpmi, in case the dvd won't work. The link is at the top of this page.