2005 LE install, megaraid error = no joy

tamathumper

I'm trying to install 2005 LE on an HP NetServer 6000r U3, with dual Pentium III Xeon processors and 1GB RAM. The RAID array has been decoupled and is just acting as two separate 36GB drives at this point, HD(0,0) and HD(1,0).

I copied all three CD's to a hard drive as plain files instead of ISO images, and modifed the hd.img boot file so that it boots from them.

The installation proceeds for a while and then chokes and stops, telling me to see the error message at Alt+F3, which is basically a series of insmods that ultimately complain about not being able to find something for the Intel Megaraid at /modules/modules.mar.

What the dickens do I do at this point? I can't even find /modules/... and I can't find any megaraid drivers, so I'm hoping someone out there can help a pseudo-noob install 2005 LE.

If you are using the same cd's as in your other post, you have corrupt disks. Redownlaod and/or reburn.

This installation is using the images direct from the hard disk. I downloaded the images separately from the ones on my CDs over the network, mounted them as virtual CDs, and copied all the files on them into the root of my partition.

The ISOs checksummed OK. I think there is a problem with megaraid support?

Aha! Thanks! I wondered if such a list existed...

UPDATE - No matter what I type/select there, I get a Kernel Error (20) page that says...

Module not found

The requested module hardware could not be found.

Possible reasons for this are:

The module name was misspelled, try changing the URL.

The module does not exist on this site.

This site uses siteaccess matching in the URL and you didn't supply one, try inserting a siteaccess name before the module in the URL .

Edited by tamathumper

I've just tried the link myself, and it does fail too. Even visiting the main page, then clicking it doesn't help.

Try again later might be a problem with their website.