rosegarden still doesn't work!

AleXxiO

You really should give some more information: what kind out of soundcard do you have? (if you have one that supports midi read the faqs on this board. If you have a cheapie you need to install a prohram like qsynth (and make sure you have a soundfont (read the rosegarden faqs).

• 1 month later...

Hey Spinynorman.

I'm trying to set up Mandy LE2005 on a P4. Sound if fine but I cannot get sound in Rosie :)

Where on earth do I go to config Qsynt??

I'm testing this out as a friend wants to install Linux on his lappie (he plays with sound a lot) and has tried Ubuntu but couldn't get Rosegarden going on it. I'm suggesting Mandrake as he's new and wants lots of GUIs (man after my own heart).

Any help or redirection would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, 4ebees.

My expertise lies in the area of clicking small jpegs. Hopefully devries will drop in to help.  :)

DOH! :)) Sorry spinynorman.

Hey devries :)

I'm going to start a new post - as my questions are becoming a greater part of this persons initial query, but can I ask SN... where does one acquire a soundfont from? I read in one post someone got there's from a SoundBlaster CD - but my sound card is an integrated Intel...

As usual, any help, redirection or assitance will be greately appreciated.

EDIT - Okay, so Google and Clusty are friends of mine who I've neglected :))

I'll make a post regarding Jack though... he's NOT a friend of mine at the moment.

Edited by 4ebees