network xp to mandriva

bonebags

ive 2 pcs, the main pc runs xp pro and my linux box. the xp box is the one connected to the internet modem via usb and the feeds a switch via ethernet card. my linux box is in my workshop and connected to the switch via ethernet. i can ping my xp from linux but cant ping linux from xp??? and my internet on linux doesnt work

can anyone help me out here

Have you got the firewall enabled? Is your security level set to High or Normal? What version of Linux are you running?

At the prompt, we can stop the firewall by:

su (supply root password when prompted)
service shorewall stop

then try and ping your linux machine again. Also for the internet, check that /etc/resolv.conf has your ISP's DNS Servers, and also make sure the LAN connection is configured to have the Windows XP machine as your default gateway.

Have you got the firewall enabled?  Is your security level set to High or Normal?  What version of Linux are you running?

At the prompt, we can stop the firewall by:

su (supply root password when prompted)
service shorewall stop

then try and ping your linux machine again.  Also for the internet, check that /etc/resolv.conf has your ISP's DNS Servers, and also make sure the LAN connection is configured to have the Windows XP machine as your default gateway.

was running le 2005 but installed fedora 4 now

stopped firewall in security

is the codes you sent same for fedora???