Slipsteamin ....installation fetish

twn_onizuka

Hello, God im enjoying linux, i cant wait for it to take over my life...until i get my crossover to work everything will perfect...anyway heres my query...

I am restricted with hard-drive space...max. 6gigs give or take...anyway usual MDK 2005 LE installation contains extras that are not needed; is there a way for me to strip down the installation and allow me to bring the stripped down setting back when ever i reinstall stuff?

Well, a "normal" Installation will fit on 3GB without problems.. With millions of things installed. And with a 2GB /home-Partition :-)

Of course, you should only select the packages you need (OK, as a newbie you won't know what you need, so better let things unchanged...) - And when your needs change (i.e. some Software or Forum says you should install package xyz.rpm, you can choose to do that afterwards. And if you find some package not to be as cool as you imagined, uninstall it (e.g. I uninstalled some games because they didn't really fascinate me for long...)

Just don't click on the "all" checkbox (not even "all" Games or "all" Office) when installing.

If you want to know if you need a certain package before installing it, search or ask here.

Cya.

PeterPanic