Internet connection

Guest tmb1955

Guest tmb1955

I have a small network where I am using IP Forwording on one PC to allow the 4 PC in the network to connect to the internet through a modem. Is it possiible to connect to the Internet both on the network through the network gateway and a modem on one PC? This way my wife can get on the internet through a modem on her PC without having to bring up the gateway. I'm using mandrake 9.0, the Mandrake control center doesn't let me do this, it is either network or modom but not both.

Thanks,

TMB

You could by pass MDK control centre, and just use kppp. Kppp is KDE's dial-up program, and you should find it under the network tab inthe k menu. You'll need to manually enter the details of your ISP into it (pretty striaght forward). Then just manually launch Kppp whenever you need it.

Guest tmb1955

I've tried that. Just using KPPP I don't get any DNS resolution, I connect and can ping host IPs but not names. I've added the DNS server settings in rsolv.conf. The only way to use KPPP is to go back into mandrake control center. Guess i don't know enough about networking.

Thanks,

TMB