Crossover Office and Intellisinc for Yahoo

spnoe

I am fairly new to Linux and Madriva but am begining to configure the system to do what I want it to. I have recently installed Crossover Pro.3 and loaded Mic. Office XP. as I have a considerable amount of information on my original Outlook I synchronised this with Yahoo, using Intellisinc.

I decided to try to run Intellisinc with Crossover and my Outlook in Mandriva Limited Ed. 2005.

I now have the Intellisinc installed but every time I run it it says "canot log in to Yahoo, please check your Yahoo ID and password. Well, this is correct. I have switched off the Firewall but no effect. Do I need to set the Server name and Port? If so, could you tell me how to do this.

I am connecting via an ethnet and Zoom5 Router

I am most abliged for help offered.

Steve

How is your yahoo id entered? I've experienced a similar error when trying to log into a messenger service with either gaim/kopete, and it was because I'd put my_yahoo_id@yahoo.com. It was the @yahoo.com that was causing the problems, and that I should have just put my_yahoo_id.

Hope that helps!

If you mean within Intellisync, since this is the app that is trying to connect, then I'm not sure. I've not used this app.

Have you verified that the firewall has been stopped. Open a terminal and type

su (supply root password when prompted)
service shorewall stop

this will make sure the shorewall firewall is no longer running on your machine, rather than the option deselected (not sure which way you disabled it). :P