Cds to mp3

piure

Thanks, solarian, amarok looks just the ticket. Am having a few probs with ripperx, however; it rips CDs to .WAVs alright, but I cannot find any way of converting these to .MP3s. When I try to convert directly from CD -> MP3 ripperx just generates junk. Perhaps I need to get its configuration right; any tips, anyone? Thanks.

you may need to install lame, the mp3 encoder/decoder, for it to work properly. chances are you'll need to get lame from one of the non-free plf repositories. I highly suggest using the ogg encoding instead, unless you will be putting these files on a player that does not support ogg.

you may need to install lame, the mp3 encoder/decoder, for it to work properly. chances are you'll need to get lame from one of the non-free plf repositories. I highly suggest using the ogg encoding instead, unless you will be putting these files on a player that does not support ogg.

Thanks for the tip. Sadly I'm now in "dependency-hell" with lame and cannot find the modules to solve this on my LE2005 setup. Will have to find another solution. But thanks again, anyway. :D

• 2 weeks later...