The New Mandriva

Ixthusdan

It's nice to see that Linux makes advances in the marketing area (Dell and HP with Mandy... not bad at all).

I am eagerly awaiting the final 2006 release. I expect it to be a top notch system again (and way better than 2005, especially with Smart) and will upgrade my boxes from LE2005 to 2006 OE as soon as the mass hype is gone and the mirrors are not as "slow" as they happen to be with every new distro release during the first two weeks. I remember that when Fedora Core 3 came out, most mirrors were nearly collapsing with the traffic amount (most servers that ran with 160+ kb/sec were reduced to less than 24 kb/sec).

Go to:

http://www.dell.fr/mipe/

and let your browser follow the auto-links,

(in my case it goes to: http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/t...hs1&l=fr&s=dhs)

it will take you to a page in French aimed at students in France; the 4th laptop (the one on the right) is preloaded with Mandriva 2005 LE:

LatitudeTM 110Ln

Une solution mobile à prix exceptionnel avec Linux installé !

Technologie Mobile Intel® Celeron® avec Processeur Intel® Pentium® 360 (1,40 Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache, 400 Mhz FSB)

Linux Mandriva Linux 10.1

Ecran 15" XGA LCD

256 Mo DDR à 333 Mhz

Disque dur 40 Go (5400 tpm)

Graveur 8x DVD +/- RW Drive

Carte graphique Intel® 910GML intégrée comprenant jusqu'à 64 Mo de mémoire partagée.

Carte réseau sans fil Global Intel Pro 2200 mini PCI 802.11 b/g

Batterie Lithium Ion 53WHr (8 cell)

Suite bureautique Open Office.

Price: 759 ?