New to Mandriva

blackhat101

RC1 is pre-release, providing you don't mind that there might be bugs, etc until it's final release.

LE2005 might be your best bet, or just hang in there with RC1 until it's released soon.

I'm new to Mandriva and would like to know what would be the best version to

get.

Hardware AMD Barton2800 ATI 9550 256.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm grabbing the rc1 2006 release to try.

:screwy: How fast do you expect us to answer? If you are too impatient for waiting e.g. one day for a reply, then you perhaps should have asked in an IRC channel, where you get instant replies. ;)

:screwy: How fast do you expect us to answer? If you are too impatient for waiting e.g. one day for a reply, then you perhaps should have asked in an IRC channel, where you get instant replies. ;)

So what do you recommend?

Edited by blackhat101

So what do you recommend? Or do you just like to come down on new people.

I am a supermod at a forum and I see people come down on new people all the

time, but in person these people are not like that. I guess its the security of being

that way. :cheeky:

Your second post was only three hours after your initial post, which, wouldn't give much time for many people to reply straightaway. Taking into consideration timezones, and that people do sleep, waiting 24 hours would have given quite a good result in the number of responses to your original message.

As a supermod of the forum you are a member of, then you probably have already noticed this, and have encountered numerous messages that have had replies that people have been bumping trying to get a response without waiting any time at all, and so probably advise your members accordingly that they do need to wait a little bit to get the response they desire.

You first post was at 3.47am my time, I was sleeping, and I had only just gotten out of bed when you posted your second message. Arctic is in the same time zone as me, so would have been more or less then same :P

But I did post as soon as I had gotten online, and hopefully I helped in some way on whether you choose LE2005 or 2006 RC1. All depends on how stable you want to be really :D

I noticed that 8 members had viewed my post and none had responded.

So I started to download RC!. I also am going to try the 10.1 powerpack.

I imagine they are all qiute similar, except for RC1 having KDE 3.42

Which I hear is 50 percent faster than 3.3.

10.1 Official is what I use mostly, with one installation of LE2005. I might upgrade the others later, but am waiting for Official release of 2006, so I can jump LE2005 for the other installations. :P

10.1 Official has KDE 3.2, LE2005 KDE 3.3.

This will depend on what version your upgrading. It can be done with thac's rpms, but these are normally for 10.1. Not sure if they're for LE2005. Do a search for thacs rpms, and you should find some threads here about them and how to add to your repository.