java plugins

Trio3b

Wow, having lots of trouble with java plugin in MDK 10.0 and Mozilla 1.6

1. download OK from Sun MS used linux .rpm self extracting

2. install OK.....says package installed (I see all the directories and files are where the intallation help says they should be)

3. configure OK.....enabled java in Mozilla 1.6

4. test no go

I'm almost positive I did this on another PC a while back,but I eneabled in Konqueror, which was very hard. Cannot recreate that "enable" in Konq now tho. Went to >config Konq>plugins, but no go. Also went to java and javascript. (says they're enabled, but test shows no go)

OK............

In /usr/lib I have these directories

mozilla

mozilla-1.6

each with a plugins folder. I have another MDK 10.0 PC also with 2 mozilla folders. What's up with that?

I had linked to the mozilla 1.6 folder cause that's what the STUPID INSTRUCTIONS FROM SUN MS SAY TO DO.

As soon as I linked to the plain mozilla folder........voila!

Java is now working, but am trying to build a webpage on Yahoo. page builder says java now enabled, but applet loads partway, then I am signed off. Is this evil trick by MS - Yahoo to only allow netscape or IE?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Trio3b

Try running mozilla from a console and post the errors you get when you're building the yahoo webpage.

The PageBuilder applet starts to load, then at about 75% I get automatically logged off. Popup says "sign in again and retry" . I have tried several times and rebooted ....no luck.

I am able to initialize PageBuilder with my Windows OS and IE 5.5.

No errors - ran mozilla from terminal and it opened fine, but did get this message from Yahoo:

Warning: You are using a non-Microsoft Windows operating system. Although limited testing has shown that Yahoo! PageBuilder does function in many Macintosh and Unix versions, we cannot be sure that Yahoo! PageBuilder will work on your specific system. You can click on the "Launch PageBuilder" link below to find out if your computer can run Yahoo! PageBuilder. If it cannot, please go to our help site.

I guess there is my answer.

Any workaround?

Trying to go linux all the way